ZiiLABS Announces JAGUAR Family of Android 3.X Reference Platforms
Modular Tablet Reference Designs Enable OEMs to Meet the Growing Demand for Innovative Next-Generation Android Tablets
SINGAPORE - ZiiLABS introduced its JAGUAR family of high-performance, energy-efficient Android tablet reference platforms. The modular 7-inch and 10-inch tablets are designed for the latest Android 3.X compliance and leverage the superior performance, low-power consumption and rich-feature set of the latest ZiiLABS ZMS-20 and ZMS-40 StemCell Processors.
Engineered for high-quality, connected and immersive tablet computing, the JAGUAR platforms enable OEMs to meet the growing demand for next-generation Android tablets that deliver stunning 1080p high profile video playback, immersive OpenGL ES 2.0 3D graphics, high-quality HD video calling and a rich desktop browsing experience including Adobe Flash Player.
Based on a motherboard concept, the JAGUAR allows an OEM or ODM to bring to market their own Android 3.X tablets in the shortest possible time. The JAGUAR platforms combine the sleek Industrial Design templates (ID), proven high-speed system design and peripheral modularity required to enable OEMs and their ODM partners to innovate and differentiate critical components such as the LCD display, touch controller, cameras, ID and modem connectivity.
JAGUAR reference tablets based on the ZMS-20 will be shown in the ZiiLABS suite (Grand Hyatt Hotel Taipei, Grand Room, #1137) at the Computex 2011 tradeshow in Taipei, Taiwan between 31 May and 4 June. The ZMS-20 features 48 StemCell media processing cores and dual 1.5GHz ARM Cortex-A9 MPCores.
Existing JAGUAR based tablet designs will be able to take advantage of 6 GHz of quad-core computing by migrating to the compatible quad ARM-Cortex-A9 based ZMS-40.
• Powered by ZiiLABS ZMS-20 and ZMS-40
- Dual and Quad Core 1.5GHz ARM Cortex A9 cores with Neon
- 48 and 96 core floating point StemCell media processors
• Robust Android BSP and Middleware
• Designed for Android 3.0+ Compliance
• Modular Motherboard Design to enable OEM/ODM customization
• Wide-angle 7-inch (1024x600) and 10-inch (1280x800) LCD options
• Capacitive and Resistive LCD touch options
• Up to 2GB high-speed 64-bit memory
- High performance and low-power LPDDR2-800 for super high memory bandwidth of 6.4GBytes per second
- DDR2/DDR3 for low cost
• 5MP rear and HD front facing camera as standard
• Wi-Fi b/g/n, 3G/4G/WiMAX and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
• GPS, accelerometer, digital compass and gyroscope
• Stereo speakers and dual Microphone array
• Up to 64GB internal storage
• USB 2.0 port
• SDHC Card slot
• Extended battery life with robust dynamic power management
• Instantaneous On feature