Xperia PLAY Showcases New Content and Functionality at Gamescom 2011
APAC & Singapore - Sony Ericsson shows a strong selection of games from its ever growing ecosystem of over 150 optimised titles for Xperia PLAY at Gamescom in Cologne. As of result of Sony Ericsson’s ever expanding partnerships with top publishers and leading independent studios, Xperia PLAY now offers a broad and compelling portfolio of content including games of all genres, for all types of gamers.
At Gamescom Sony Ericsson is announcing and previewing a selection of new titles from Gameloft, EA's Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and Dead Space, and the Android premiere of Polarbit’s driving game Reckless Getaway.
Sony Ericsson’s new developer programme “Stand Out” is also starting to bring innovative and award-winning content to Xperia PLAY. As such, Sony Ericsson will be hosting the cream of independent development talent at their booth. Among the titles available to try are Catfish Blue's Hyperlight, Be-Rad's Lame Castle and an enhanced new version of They Need To Be Fed from YoYo Games.
Some of the Xperia PLAY Android titles announced and showcased this week:
- Dead Space, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit and FIFA12 by EA
- Reckless Getaway, Reckless Racing 2 and Tanks by Polarbit
- Let's Golf 3 by Gameloft
- Townsmen 6, Guns & Glory WW2 and Clouds and Sheep by HandyGame
- They Need To Be Fed by YoYo Games
- Lame Castle by Be-Rad Entertainment
- Hyperlight by Catfishblues Games
- Diversion and Crazy Snowboard by Ezone PTY LTD
- Gibs & Gore Micronytes
- Protoxide and Battle Boats 3D by Herocraft
- EVAC HD and Radient HD by Hexage
- PewPew 2 by Jean-Francois Geyelin
- Stellar Escape by Orange Agenda
- Jumpy, INC and Meganoid by Orange Pixel
- Death Worm by PlayCreek LLC
- No Gravity by Real Tech VR
- Crusade of Destiny by Divide Arts
- Desert Winds by Southend Interactive
Compelling New Smartphone Functionality for Xperia PLAY:
Facebook inside Xperia brings a new way to share and discover games to Xperia PLAY. Users will soon be able to recommend their favourite games instantly on Facebook from within their Xperia PLAY and share top scores or favourite gaming moments by uploading a screenshot from any game to Facebook. If users want to find a new game to download, the friends’ games and apps widget in the homescreen will enable users to discover and download games recommended by friends on Facebook.
Xperia PLAY also now supports Skype video calling using the Skype for Android app on the Android Market.
Sony Ericsson will be present at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany from 17th-21st August to offer hands-on demos of Xperia PLAY and many of the new games at the Sony Ericsson stand in hall 7.1 (stand C010). The new games announced today will be released in the coming months, with more details regarding timings and exclusivity to be announced in due course.