Wireless Made Faster and Easier with New Cisco Linksys E-Series Routers
Cisco today announced the availability of the Linksys E-series, a new range of wireless-N routers designed for easier and optimised wireless connectivity for the new generation of home wireless networking. Linksys, the number one leader in wireless networking, has set a new precedent for simplicity, power and performance with the launch of the latest Cisco Linksys E-series wireless routers. The new routers give consumers the flexibility to enjoy wireless technology catered to their needs and makes getting online a lot less complicated, with the new Cisco Connect software it just takes three easy steps.
Designed to transform how consumers use the Internet at home and benefit from faster wireless access, the Linksys E-series routers take away the frustration and complexity of setting up a home network. Consumers can easily connect to any wireless device at home like their laptops, printers, game consoles or even HDTVs to enjoy wireless freedom anywhere, anytime in the comfort of their homes.
Cisco Connect Software: Simple Set-up with Advanced Capabilities
With the addition of the new Cisco Connect software, the Linksys E-Series wireless routers are designed to make it easier for users to customise and control their wireless network settings to match their preferences. With a quick and easy set-up, the software auto-assigns the WPA security pass key and SSID. Once those are configured, users can use Cisco Connect to easily manage their wireless home network by:
- Adding multiple Internet-capable devices to the network
- Setting parental controls for each computer or device
- Giving visitors password-protected Internet access on a separate guest network
- Customising advanced settings and changing the network SSID and password
- Product Descriptions and Pricing
The new Linksys E-Series line offers a full range of technology options to help users find what works best for them.
Linksys E1000 Wireless-N Router (MSRP: S$99)
- Wirelessly connects computers and other devices at transfer speeds up to 300 Mbps
- Uses four Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) ports to directly connect wired devices
- Ideal for general wireless Internet usage and home office productivity
Linksys E2000 Advanced Wireless-N Router (MSRP: S$159)
- Ideal for subscribers of Singapore’s new Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network (NGNBN)
- Includes four Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbps) ports for faster file sharing with other Gigabit-enabled devices, including computers, hard drives and servers
- Features selectable dual-band (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz) technology to help avoid interference, allowing for smoother file transfers and media streaming
- Ideal for connecting computers, gaming consoles, Internet-enabled HDTVs, Blu-ray players and other wireless devices at transfer speeds up to 300 Mbps
Linksys E3000 High-Performance Dual-Band Wireless-N Router (MSRP: S$249)
- Features simultaneous dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), high-performance Wireless-N technology for smoother HD video streaming, wireless gaming and file transfers
- Includes four Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbps) ports for faster file sharing and provides connectivity to storage devices for file sharing at home or over the Internet
- Built-in UPnP AV media server, enables streaming of entertainment content to an Xbox 360, a PS3 or other compatible devices
- Optimised for entertainment, ideal for connecting computers, gaming consoles, Internet-enabled HDTVs, Blu-ray players and other wireless devices at transfer speeds up to 300 Mbps
The new Linksys E-series wireless routers are available at the following retail stores:
A Genuine (Sim Lim), Best Denki, Challenger, Courts, CyberActive, Cybermind Computer House (Sim Lim), Fuwell (Funan), Gain City, Harvey Norman, Inforcom Technologies (Funan), Mediapro Technology (Sim Lim) and South Asia Computer (Funan).