Windows Phone 7 Mango Updates Revealed
Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 might have been late int he race, but it's certainly doing its best to catch up. The upcoming update, codenamed Mango, was promised Twitter integration, SkyDrive sync and multi-tasking during Mobile World Congress 2011. And in the recent Microsoft MIX11 developer event, more features have been revealed and leaked on the web. As of now, the circulated info includes:
- Bing Audio - A music recognition service
- Bing Vision - Visual search, similar to Google Goggles
- Podcast Support - Lets you subscribe to podcasts on your Windows Phone 7 device
- Turn-by-turn navigation with voice guidance - As of now, we haven't been able to confirm if it'll be an online or offline service, and if it'll be available beyond the US region.
- Voice Dictation - Lets you compose a message by voice.
PocketNow - Besides many great features coming to Windows Phone 7 as of the upcoming Mango update -- some of them announced by Steve Ballmer at this year's MWC -- Redmond appears to be having a couple of more aces up its sleeves as Windows Phone Dev Podcast has published several images which might point to possible future features the Mango update will bring to Windows Phones.
Besides the earlier mentioned features, more were revealed later on, including an integrated Windows Live Messenger within the People hub and support for Asian languages.
To learn more about the upcoming features of the Windows Phone 7 Mango update, click here.