QNAP Enhances Performance and Capabilities of Its Turbo NAS Servers
New Backup & Data Protection, System Management, Networking, and Applications Let Users Do More With Their QNAP Turbo NAS – Free Upgrade!
QNAP, VioStor NVR Video Surveillance Systems, and Network-based Media Players today announced the availability of the new V3.4 NAS management software. The V3.4 NAS management software is embedded into the NAS as V3.4 firmware, which enhances several key aspects of the QNAP Turbo NAS units allowing owners to maximize their investments in a QNAP NAS.
New enhancements in V3.4 include:
- RAID 10 - RAID 10 combines the advantages of RAID 0 and RAID 1, which allows one disk failure from each RAID 1 pair;
- Real-time Remote Replication – Allows real-time remote replication of one NAS to another over the Internet for maximum data redundancy. This feature is applicable to Intel-based NAS;
- Advanced Folder Permissions - Enables you to configure access control to folders and subfolders for efficient management and better security;
- ElephantDrive Cloud Storage - Lets users save backups in a cloud based storage in addition to their Turbo NAS for an off-site storage with continuous data protection;
- Virtual LAN Support - You can integrate the NAS into an existing VLAN on a virtualization infrastructure and configure the NAS as the storage system for other VLAN devices. This feature is applicable to Intel-based NAS;
- Download Station V2 - Now easier to use with a new AJAX interface, broadcatching support (RSS download), and enhanced overall performance;
- Advanced Print Server - Now supports Internet printing with permission control as well as Bonjour printing for Mac;
- MyCloudNAS Remote Access - MyCloudNAS is a free built-in DNS service provided for users to register a unique domain name for their NAS. It further reduces the hassle of complicated Internet registration and allows users to quickly access their NAS through the Internet;
- USB Wi-Fi Network Adapter Support - Allows you to deploy the NAS wirelessly;
- System Management Features - Import/export of users, host-based permissions control, enhanced Virtual Disk support, and direct file viewing via Google Doc;
The new V3.4 firmware is available for immediate download and installation from www.qnap.com. For more information, please visit http://www.qnap.com/fw_v34/