LifeSize Brings HD Video Conferencing to the Cloud
New infrastructure as a service (IaaS) offering enables businesses of all sizes to unlock the quality, productivity and power of HD video collaboration in the cloud
SINGAPORE - LifeSize, a division of Logitech, today announced LifeSize Connections, a cloud-based HD video conferencing platform that delivers immersive, multiparty communication at enterprise-level quality. LifeSize Connections delivers seamless, encrypted HD video calling across the enterprise – connecting LifeSize video conferencing systems in conference rooms to desktop users on PCs or Mac computers.
Users can have any contact join them in Connections as a guest, for free, by simply sending a download link and guest registration. This makes it easy for both new and existing video users to extend their reach and communicate with remote employees, clients and partners in an easy, ad hoc way. LifeSize Connections features nine-way HD video bridging, data encryption and management. It automatically configures endpoints and software clients to instantly traverse firewalls, ensuring connection on any network, every time.
Outstanding barriers to video adoption for many companies have been the high upfront cost of equipment and the lack of sufficient IT resources to manage complex deployments of traditional on-premises video infrastructure. Interoperability challenges also make it difficult for on-premises users to make calls with outside vendors, customers or colleagues. LifeSize Connections helps eliminate these challenges by combining turnkey deployment, flexible pay-as-you-go pricing models and the ability to collaborate with anyone with a computer and a webcam.
- Reducing the IT burden
- Seamless integration among meeting rooms, PCs or Mac computers
- Auto-configuration of endpoints and software clients including directory services
- Integrated firewall traversal to help ensure call connectivity over any network
- Encrypted, Web-based administration including user-specific bandwidth control, reporting and user management
- Simplifying use for any user
- Simple click-to-call, presence-enabled dialing with seamless call escalation to multi-party calling
- Data sharing and instant messaging capabilities
- Making HD video communication accessible
- Up to nine-way multipoint calling at 720p with encrypted media and signaling
- Cloud-based scalability that grows with an organization simply and easily to help reduce costs and IT support
- An optional free trial of the product before committing to a purchase
LifeSize Connections is expected to be available globally in the third calendar quarter of 2011.