Kingston Ships SandForce-based HyperX SSD
HSINCHU, Taiwan - Kingston today announced it is shipping the HyperX SSD, its first SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) solid-state drive. The Kingston HyperX SSD features the latest SandForce controller and is designed for enthusiasts, gamers and performance users.
Kingston HyperX SSD highlights include:
- 120GB and 240GB capacities. Ships as a standalone SSD (includes HyperX branded 2.5" to 3.5" desktop mounting plate); or as a bundle with the HyperX Upgrade Kit for easy installation (includes Acronis True Image HD migration software, desktop mounting plate, external drive bay, multi-head screwdriver, SATA data cable).
- Incredible sequential read/write throughputs of 555 / 510MB/s1.
- SandForce SF-2281 controller featuring SATA Rev 3.0 (6GB/s).
- Max 4KB random read/write of 95,000 / 70,000 IOPS2 (120GB).
- Premium Intel 25nm Compute NAND (5k P/E Cycles).
|Part number||Capacity and features|
|SH100S3/120G||120GB Stand-alone SSD|
|SH100S3/240G||240GB Stand-alone SSD|
|SH100S3B/120G||120GB HyperX Bundle Kit|
|SH100S3B/240G||240GB HyperX Bundle Kit|