Flip Video Announces New Version of FlipShare
Cisco's Flip Video has announced new social and video sharing capabilities with the launch of its latest FlipShare software as well as FlipShare Mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices. Existing users will be notified of the available upgrade automatically in the month of April 2011 when they open the FlipShare application, or users can go to FlipShare.com to download it.
The FlipShare software, which comes with every Flip video camera, now has enhanced video sharing capabilities. The new software includes FlipShare Groups, a new and social way for consumers to share video more securely with friends and family. After creating a FlipShare Group, users and their friends can access their videos from FlipShare.com and through the FlipShare Mobile apps that are now available for iPhone, iPad and Android. Within FlipShare Groups, users can comment, read and post messages on each other’s videos and Groups.
FlipShare continues to allow unlimited private video sharing via email without huge attachments filling up inboxes, and now features an improved greetings card library which includes animated and even personalised card templates to create individual messages. Compatible with both Mac and PC computers, FlipShare allows contacts to be imported directly from Gmail, MSN, Yahoo and AOL address books so users can easily create address books for sharing videos.
New Features for FlipShare:
- Create and manage FlipShare Groups
- Watch all your videos anywhere, anytime at FlipShare.com
- Comment on videos and read what others have posted in return
- Import contacts from your email address book
- Expanded greetings card library
- Enhanced video quality and performance for private email video sharing
The all new FlipShare Mobile apps, available at no cost, make it even simpler to share any mobile video or photo to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube or directly to friends and family, while on the move. You don’t even need to own a Flip because the new apps are specially designed to bring the signature FlipShare simplicity to other popular mobile devices.
Features for Mobile App:
- Available for the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Android - with or without owning a Flip video camera
- Share up to five mobile videos and/or photos at once to Facebook, Twitter or YouTube - or send directly to friends and family
- Post a comment, share, or “favourite” a video with the click of a button
- Built-in filters let users quickly navigate and organise their video library
- Compatible with iPhone 3G or higher, iPod touch 2nd generation or higher, iPad Requires iOS 4.0.0 or higher, and Android 1.6 or higher
- Available now at iTunes Store and Android Market
Flip Video Camcorders
Flip MinoHD (1 Hour): MSRP SGD $279.00
Flip MinoHD (2 Hours): MSRP SGD $349.00
Flip UltraHD (2 Hours): MSRP SGD $359.00
Commercially available from the following retailers in Singapore: Challenger, CyberActive, Hai Chew Electronics (Sim Lim), Juzz1@Esplanade Xchange, Parisilk (Holland Village), South Asia Computer (Funan), Sprint Cass@T1,T2, Best Denki (at selected outlets at Parkway Parade, Junction 8, Vivo City, Ngee Ann City and Great World City), Tangs Orchard Techno Bay, 12buy.sg, The Network Hub (Educational prices available at http://www.mine.com.sg).