Epson Launches High Performance Monochrome Printers
Epson has introduced its first monochrome inkjet printers in 15 years - the Epson K100 single-function and K200 all-in-one printers. The launch of the new monochrome printers is in response to the growing customer demand for high-performance and low-cost monochrome printing.
According to leading technology research company IDC, sales of monochrome laser printing devices in Asia Pacific (excluding Japan) continued growing strongly by 40 percent - almost double the growth of colour laser printers at 22 percent over the same time period. IDC also expects both monochrome and colour laser printers to experience continued growth over the next five years. Epson believes that there are great opportunities for the new Epson K100 and K200 monochrome inkjet printers to capture a significant portion of the monochrome laser market with the superior value that they offer.
The new monochrome inkjet printers are designed as a superior alternative to laser printers for customers who only need to print black and white documents at very low cost per page. The high-performance Epson K100 and K200 offer the printing speed and text quality of a monochrome laser printer at an extremely low running cost of only 1.5 cent per page, and many other useful features that are not often found in laser printers of their price range.
The Epson K100 single-function and K200 all-in-one printers are available at all authorised distributors at SGD$188.00 and SGD$268.00 respectively.
Key Features of the Epson K100 and K200
- Extremely Low Cost Per Page - The Epson K100 and 200 offer users one of the lowest cost per page (cpp) of any printer at only 1.5 cent. This cost per page is up to 70 percent lower than original toner used by laser printers of similar prices.
- Built-in Duplexer for Cost Saving – The new printers both feature a built-in duplexer that helps customers conveniently save money by printing on both sides of the paper. Duplexers are typically not found in laser printers of similar prices as the Epson K100 and K200.
- Laser-like Speed – With a default ISO print speed of 16 pages per minute (ppm), the new printers are as fast as laser printers in default mode. They are even faster than laser printers in their draft mode, and can attain a very high 37ppm to help customers get their documents quickly in urgent situations or when printing quick reference material.
- Better Print Quality and More Flexible Media Use Than Laser Printers with Epson DURABrite Ultra Pigment Ink – The Epson DURABrite Ultra black pigment ink used by the new printers produce ultra-sharp text that is comparable to laser quality, and better grayscale photo prints on plain paper than laser printers. Prints are also smudge, fade and water-resistant. In addition to plain paper, the printers can also print on a wide range of media that laser printers cannot – such as photo paper and specialty media.
- Built-in Ethernet for Convenient Sharing – Both the Epson K100 and K200 feature built in Ethernet connectivity that allows them to be conveniently shared on a computer network; another feature absent in similarly priced laser printers.
- Lower Power Consumption Than Laser Printers – The Epson K100 and K200 use Epson’s highly reliable Micro Piezo print head that lasts the life of the printer and use far less power than conventional laser printers, helping users save on power costs.
|Epson K100 & K200 Monochrome Inkjet Printers|
|Print Resolution||1440 x 720 dpi (with Variable-Sized Droplet Technology)|
|Draft/ISO Print Speed||37pm / 16ppm|
|Ink Cartridge||Each printer uses two Epson 137 ink cartridges with DURABrite Ultra ink and an estimated page yield of 1000 pages each|
|Standard Features||Built-in duplex printing module
10/100 Fast Ethernet port
|Media Handling||Epson K100: 250 sheet paper tray
Epson K200: 150 sheet paper tray
|Additional Features on K200||1200 x 2400 dpi scanner
360 x 360 dpi copy capability with 4 sec per page copy speed