Dell Launches Latitude ST Tablet
Dell introduces a tablet PC built for both mobile and IT professionals - the Dell Latitude ST.
Offering the Windows 7 productivity, the Latitude ST is ideal for any organization where employees need to run a core set of applications, as it is tailored to meet specific business or end user needs.
Enveloped in a rubberized bumper, anti-glare Corning Gorilla Glass screen and TPU overmold, and equipped with a 10-inch multi-touch display, this durable tablet PC includes a stylus, Wi-Fi and mobile broadband options, and front and rear webcams.
It is available starting from S$1050.
Read on for the full press release.
Today Dell is pleased to announce the availability of the Dell Latitude ST, a tablet PC built for both mobile professionals and the IT professionals supporting them. The Latitude ST provides Windows 7 productivity in a convenient, lightweight tablet along with all the great attributes IT departments have come to know and trust with the Latitude brand, including security, manageability, service and support.
“We’re living in an exciting time as mobile computing continues to take significant evolutionary strides. Many organizations are embracing the productivity benefits of enabling their workers to be more mobile. However with that freedom, they often face hurdles like security, device management and support for critical applications,” said Ho Chye Soon, General Manager, Commercial Business, Dell Singapore. “At Dell, we strive to design products, services, and solutions that maximize workforce efficiency without making IT sacrifices.”
The Latitude ST can be tailored to specific business or end user needs with certified applications and professional services. It is ideal for any organization where employees need to run a core set of applications in safe computing environments.
This tablet PC also delivers go-anywhere productivity, with anytime, anywhere data access via Wi-Fi and mobile broadband options and a 10-inch multi-touch display with a stylus for intuitive ease-of-use.
Mobile professionals can experience the following features and benefits:
- Work confidently with Intel Atom processors and the familiarity of Windows 7 applications.
- Collaborate on-the-go with front and rear web cams, embedded microphone, and Skype video conferencing.
- Connect to projectors, printers, or other devices using built-in ports.
- Feel protected with durability features such as a rubberized bumper, anti-glare Corning Gorilla Glass screen and TPU overmold.
The Latitude ST’s features are also attractive to IT administrators. They can seamlessly manage the tablet like any other PC on their network using existing remote management solutions or Dell KACE appliances and protect critical data with flexible Dell Data Protection | Encryption. The device will also integrate with desktop virtualization solutions for secure access to data virtually anywhere. The Latitude ST is also backed by customizable options for Dell global service and support.
Quick and easy to deploy and manage, the Latitude ST is perfect for mobile business users, enabling:
- Financial Advisers to document accidents, complete forms, obtain signatures and hit submit - right on location.
- Doctors, nurses and other medical professionals to view client history, make medical evaluation input, submit prescriptions and research securely on-the-go.
- Teachers to fully interact and collaborate with students by seamlessly moving about the classroom.
Pricing and Availability
The new Dell Latitude ST is available today (4 November 2011) on http://www.dell.com/sg/business/p/latitude-st/pd, starting from SGD$1,050.