BlackBerry World Brings New Bold Smartphones and More
Waterloo, Ontario – Research in Motion has just unveiled two new BlackBerry Bold smartphones – the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 – running on the BlackBerry 7 OS.
Both new phones come with a powerful 1.2 GHz processor, Liquid Graphics touch screen, and support for high-speed 4G/HSPA+ wide area wireless networks. Furthermore, these fantastic features are housed in a thin brushed stainless steel frame, a high-gloss glass-weave backplate and boast BlackBerry's iconic keyboard.
Both phones are also capable of recording 720p HD videos and come equipped with an integrated magnetometer to support location-based services and augmented reality (AR).
The new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones are expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning this summer.
In conjunction with the BlackBerry World convention happening in Orlando, Florida, Blackberry has also made a few other announcements, including:
- A new Facebook application for the PlayBook – Due to the overwhelming success of its Facebook app for the Blackberry smartphones, this new app promises popular features optimized for the 7-inch display of the PlayBook.
- New PlayBook video chat application – The BlackBerry PlayBook Video Chat allows for people to stay connected to their friends and family via video calls over a Wi-Fi network.
- BlackBerry Mobile Voice System 5 – Allows more corporate users to utilize voice-over-Wi-Fi service. Soon, it will feature integration into Avaya Aura 6.1, Avaya CS1000 Communication Server, Avaya Communications Manager and Nortel Communication Server systems.
- Multi-platform BlackBerry Enterprise Solution – This new solution makes available the market-leading management, security and controls of BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express for BlackBerry devices. Plus, through RIM’s pending acquisition of ubitexx, the solution is expected to incorporate secure device management for Android and iOS based devices and tablets, all managed from a single web-based console.
- BlackBerry Balance – This new technology will allow users to use their BlackBerry mobile devices for work and personal purposes without compromising security of company content and the privacy of personal content.
For more information, please visit www.rim.com.