AMD Fusion APUs Boosted
APAC - Today AMD updated its award-winning C- and E-series Accelerated Processing Units (http://www.youtube.com/user/AMDUnprocessed?blend=4&ob=5#p/a/u/2/BihrG7DhhBM) for ultrathin and value notebooks, netbooks, all-in-ones and desktop PCs with top-of-the-line features.
The updated APUs deliver:
- Enhanced HD graphics capabilities;
- Performance boosts with enhanced memory;
- DisplayPort ++ for connecting to any HDMI or DisplayPort-enabled monitor or TV;
- 12 hours of resting battery life on a single charge for the mobile platform – a nearly four hour increase over previous platforms
Notebooks, netbooks, small form factor and all-in-one desktops based on these new APUs are available from leading manufacturers starting today.
AMD has shipped more than 12 million APUs, and sold more than five million of the popular C- and E-Series APUs in Q2 2011 alone. The updated AMD C- and E-Series APUs meet the needs of consumers who want fast and Brilliant HD streaming video, sharp photos, life-like gaming through powerful DirectX11-capable discrete-level graphics and a parallel processing engine, as well as all-day battery life.
Additionally, the updated E-Series APUs feature:
- DDR3 1333 support for enhanced memory bandwidth and faster performance and video playback;
- HDMI 1.4a connections allow for viewing 3D pictures and home video on 3D-enabled TVs and displays.
For mobile users, the new AMD Fusion C-Series and E-Series APUs deliver even longer battery life than before — with up to 10.5 hours of resting battery life on the E-Series and 12 hours on the C-Series — enabling users to work or play longer without searching for an outlet.
Products from leading PC manufacturers based on these new APUs are available starting today and can be identified by the VISION Technology from AMD or HD Internet stickers.