Acronis Announces Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
New product family to simplify data backup and system recovery across physical, virtual and cloud environments
SINGAPORE - Acronis today announced Acronis Backup & Recovery 11. This new product will help organizations simplify their disaster recovery and data protection needs across physical, virtual and cloud environments by providing its established disk imaging technology fully integrated with purpose-built data protection and backup features such as catalog and search.
In a market where disaster recovery and data protection are traditionally provided in two separate solutions, Acronis is the first to announce a product that provides the two elements of file-based backup and system-level recovery in a single, affordable, and easy-to-use product. This allows organizations to reduce complexity, as well as software maintenance and management costs. Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 is an integrated solution for the backup and recovery of images, files and Virtual Machines (VM). Support for applications such as Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server will become available later.
Recent research shows that the average company is using two or three solutions for its disaster recovery and data protection needs. Available later this quarter, the unified Platform of Acronis Backup & Recovery 11, will provide a data centric view independentof the backup archive, allowing users to control their data wherever it is held, be that in a physical, virtual or a cloud world.
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 features will include:
For all Environments:
• New: Data Protection Capabilities – Catalog & Search
• Improved: Disaster Recovery Plans – step by step plan to make recovery easy
• New: Staging and multi-destination – reduce long term storage costs with staging and add redundancy with multi-destination backups to tape, disk and cloud
• Improved: Support for tape drives and tape libraries
• Improved GUI provides simplified workflows
• New: Ability to restore and migrate to dissimilar hardware for Linux environments
• Improved: Better deduplication performance
• New: Simultaneous backups of multiple virtual machines for VMware ESX(i) and Microsoft Hyper-V - allowing increased performance for backups of virtual environments
• New: Single agent for multiple VMware ESX(i) hosts - increases efficiency and simplifies management of backups for VMware vSphere configurations
• New: LAN free backup - reduced CPU and network consumption
• New: Support for Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV) - for Microsoft Hyper-V environments
For the Cloud:
New: Increased capacity options – based on customer demand for storage space, Acronis has increased its online backup capacity. Unlike other solutions, Acronis offers a flat pricing structure for the cloud rather than pricing per gigabyte.
• Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Online for Workstation - storage space is doubled to a maximum of 500GB
• Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Online for Server - storage space is increased by 50% to 1.5TB
• Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Online for Virtual Machines - doubled to 4TB
Pricing and Availability:
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 will be available at $1399 per server from Acronis channel partners worldwide. The solution will be available later in Q2 with support for Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server becoming available at a later date.