Mobile Phones Guide
- ‹ Prev
- Next ›
Sitex 2011 Overview and Telco Deals
Telco, Tablets, GPS and Mobile Accessories Galore!
Camping for the latest tech bargains at Sitex 2011? Well, you've come to the right place! Held at the Singapore Expo from 24th to 27th November, Sitex 2011 opens its doors to customers from 11am to 9pm. Spanning across Halls 4 to 6, there's a wide variety of products that are going on sale.
In particular, this buying guide will focus on all things mobile, ranging from the hottest topic in town such as telco deals, to mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, GPS devices and even mobile accessories to complement your tablet and smartphone.
Buying Guide Index
All Sitex 2011 Shopping Resources
Remember to check out the HardwareZone Tech Show Portal for the latest consolidated shopping resources and updates.
For those interested in the individual resources (and as a backup option), here are the links:
|Sitex 2011 Live Discussion Forum
Our tech and bargain-savvy community is already abuzz about Sitex 2011 at our Sitex 2011 Forum. So, before venturing to Singapore Expo, drop in on the discussions and latest news.
|Sitex 2011 Brochure Download
For those of you who would like to see all the show brochures, price plans and more, check out our Sitex 2011 Brochure Download section.
|Sitex 2011 Live Twitter Update
Get real-time updates of the latest bargains over at our HardwareZone Twitter page. As usual, we're looking forward to your questions and contributions for Sitex 2011 so add in the #sitex tag if you spot any great deals when you're there!
Telcos have always been clamoring for everyone's attention at every tech show. Sitex 2011 is no exception, with M1 and StarHub going all out with its mobile and fibre broadband deals. Unlike the previous three tech shows, expect a much smaller presence from all three telcos. In fact, SingTel has one of the smallest booth space, focusing on fibre broadband deals for its customers.
Without further ado, here's a breakdown of the hottest deals from all three telcos at Sitex 2011.
SingTel - Hall 5, Booth Number 5F40
SingTel mio TV Ultimate Plus Package @ $59.90 / month
If you are an avid gamer, the SingTel Ultimate Plus Package is the one for you. For just $59.90 per month on a two-year contract, you not only get the Xbox Kinect (worth $469) free, you also enjoy 60 channels and 8 movies of your choice every month.
- Sitex promotion: Up to $50 shopping vouchers for the first 40 sign ups each day
- Sitex promotion: $59.90 / month (Usual price: $69.90)
SingTel Fibre Broadband Plans
The SingTel exPlore Home 200 Plan comes with
- fibre broadband speeds up to 200Mbps (download), 100Mbps (upload) and 25Mbps (international).
- free integrated wireless modem for enhanced Wi-Fi coverage
- one Home Line with unlimited digital local calls and 15% discount on v019 calls
- mioTV that has over 20 family channels free and 10% discount on additional mioTV content
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 or the Apple MacBook Pro can be yours free when you sign up for the exPlore Home 200 Plan at $129.90 or $139.90 per month on a two-year contract respectively.
|Specifications/Device||Lenovo ThinkPad X1||Apple MacBook Pro|
- Sitex promotion: Free $20 shopping voucher for the first 40 sign ups each day
- Add $20 / month for exPlore Home Sports 200 (mio Stadium, ESPN, STAR Sports Channels)
StarHub - Hall 5, Booth Number 5C01
Home Fibre Broadband Plan @ $99.30 / month
Sign up for StarHub MaxInfinity Ultimate 100Mbps fibre home broadband plan at $99.30 per month on a two-year contract and get the ASUS K43SD Notebook (worth $1899) free.
- Sitex Exclusive for first 70 daily customers - Free fibre-ready Wireless Home Gateway
- Sitex Exclusive - Waiver of service activation worth $32.10
- Free Home network set-up by the Hub Troopers, Home phone line, SafeSurf Online and SafeShield
- Offer is also valid with MaxOnline Ultimate
- Intel Core i7-2670QM (2.2GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz, 3MB L3 Cache), NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 Graphics Card (2GB VRAM), 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 14" HD LED Screen, DVD Super Multi (DVD-RW)
Get a free 32-inch Toshiba LCD TV when you sign up to either of the two packages on a two-year contact:
- Box Office Pack - $66.34 / month which includes 3 Basic Groups, STAR Movies Pack, The HBO PAK, KIX and Thrill Pack
- Family Favorites - $63.13 / month which includes 3 Basic Groups, Sports Group, STAR Movies Pack or The HBO PAK, VV Drama or Zee Cinema or MNC Indonesian Pack
- All Packs come with a HD Interactive set-top box, 12 complimentary channels, free 3 months Basic HD Upsize (for new customers only)
- Existing StarHub customers can redeem the Toshiba 32-inch LCD TV with only $317 (including GST) + 500 Rewards Points. While stocks last.
If you do not fancy small touchscreens, you may want to consider the HTC Sensation XL. It has a massive 4.7-inch S-LCD display which certainly brings mobile entertainment to the next level. The Sensation XL is powered by a nifty 1.5GHz single-core processor, runs on Android 2.3.5 and HTC Sense 3.5.
- $298 with SmartSurf 300 / i2Surf 300 ($58 / month, two-year contract)
- Additional $50 OFF for DBS / POSB Card Holders
- If you are interested to get the HTC Sensation XL, you can read our review here.
Want something even bigger than a 4.7-inch display? Then the recently launched Samsung Galaxy Note, with its huge 5.3-inch SUPER AMOLED screen, a 1.4GHz dual-core processor and 1GB RAM should satisfy your needs. Question is, we aren't too sure if it's a smartphone, or a tablet.
- $288 with SmartSurf 700 / i2Surf 700 ($98 / month, two-year contract)
- Check out our hands-on with Samsung Galaxy Note.
M1 - Hall 6, Booth Number 6A01
Home Fibre Broadband 100 Mbps @ $39 / month
If you have not jumped onto the fibre broadband bandwagon, there is no better time to do so at Sitex 2011. M1 currently offers the most affordable two-year contract home fibre broadband 100 Mbps with a monthly subscription of just $39.
- Sitex Price: $39 per month (Usual price: $59 per month)
Home Fibre Broadband 100Mbps + Mobile Plan @ $95 / month
Get a free Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook (worth $1798) when you sign up for a two-year contract with M1's fibre broadband 100 Mbps + Mobile Plan at just $95 per month.
- Latest Intel Core i7-2637M processor + Intel HD Graphics 3000
- 4GB RAM + 500GB HDD
- 13.3" HD Acer CineCrystal LED-backlit TFT LCD
- Here's our review of the Acer Aspire S3 Ultrabook (Specs may vary)
Exclusive Phone Deal at Sitex
Looking for an Android smartphone? Look no further than the Motorola Razr, which is currently the thinnest smartphone at 7.1mm. It is also able to take some knocks with its KEVLAR fibre back cover, Corning Gorilla Glass display and splash proof coating. It runs on a dual-core 1.2GHz processor, 1GB of RAM and Android 2.3.5.
- $48 with ExtremeSurf Plan ($95 / month, two-year contract)
- Promotion: Free Takashimaya vouchers worth $100 and universal portable power pack
- To find out more about the Motorola Razr, check out our review here.
- ‹ Prev
- Next ›