RIM Introduces the Sleek and Stylish BlackBerry Pearl
Mobile Phones |
Fri 30 Nov 2007
RIM Introduces the Sleek and Stylish BlackBerry Pearl 8120 Smartphone in Singapore
Research In Motion (RIM) today introduced the BlackBerry Pearl 8120 smartphone in Singapore.
The BlackBerry Pearl 8120 includes rich multimedia features together with all the powerful communications functionality users have come to expect from a BlackBerry smartphone. The BlackBerry Pearl 8120 features a 2 megapixel digital camera with video capture capability, an externally accessible microSD/SDHC slot and built-in Wi-Fi. These new features, along with an updated visual interface, add to the renowned BlackBerry smartphone experience for email, phone, messaging (SMS, IM, MMS), web browsing, multimedia, organiser and other applications.
"The popularity of the BlackBerry platform continues to grow across the Asia Pacific region and we are very pleased to build on this momentum with the introduction of the BlackBerry Pearl 8120 in Singapore," said Norm Lo, Vice President of Asia Pacific at Research In Motion. "The BlackBerry Pearl 8120 with built-in Wi-Fi offers sophisticated and easy-to-use communications and multimedia features that will help users make the most of their time in both personal and professional settings."
The new and powerful BlackBerry Pearl 8120 features:
- A 2 megapixel camera with 5x digital zoom and enhanced flash, as well as video capture in two resolutions: 240x180 or 176x144 for sharing via MMS.
- A chic titanium-colored finish and an ultra-sleek design, measuring only 107mm x 55mm x 14mm and weighing approximately 91g.
- An exceptional user experience enabled by RIM’s popular trackball navigation system and SureType keyboard system.
- An updated visual interface giving a new look to the BlackBerry email client, calendar, address book, task list, memo pad and web browser, while also enhancing other applications. A new font rendering technology displays characters beautifully, with enhanced legibility at even the smallest point sizes.
- National and international support with quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE and built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) with support for Wi-Fi security protocols including WEP (Wireless Equivalency Protocol), WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) and WPA2.
- A further improved BlackBerry Browser with a new "Page View" option that displays a full web page on the screen along with a magnifying glass that allows the user to quickly and accurately point and zoom in on a specific area of the web page.
- Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry, a powerful media manager application that allows users to easily search for media files on their computer, view and organize them, create MP3 music files from CDs, add audio tags and album art, create playlists and copy or convert pictures, music and videos for optimal playback. Users can also create and edit playlists through the media
player on the handset.
- Premium phone features including noise cancellation technology to offset background noise, Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialing (VAD), dedicated 'send', 'end', and 'mute' keys, lowdistortion speakerphone, and Bluetooth (2.0) support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals.
- An externally accessible microSD/SDHC expandable memory slot for additional storage, and support for high-speed USB allowing users to transfer files between the handset and a PC at data throughput rates of up to 10MB/sec.
- A 3.5mm stereo headset jack and dedicated volume controls.
- Support for polyphonic, mp3 and MIDI ringtones.
- Support for Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones, enabling fast, streamlined and optimized mobile access to the popular Facebook social utility using a BlackBerry smartphone. Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones is available as a download over the air or via the Internet.
- Support for instant messaging with BlackBerry Messenger, Google Talk and Yahoo! Messenger.
- Built-in spell checker.
- BlackBerry Internet Service support that allows access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts.
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server support for enterprise deployments, enabling advanced security and IT administration within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments.
The BlackBerry Pearl 8120 is expected to be available in Singapore in December.
For additional information, please visit: www.blackberrypearl8120.com.