Singapore – Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre Pte Ltd has launched its new internal DVD multi writers with ATAPI interface for Windows-based PCs - the DVR-A11XL (Beige), DVR-A11XLB (Black) and DVR-A11XLC (Silver). The new DVD drives, employing the company’s newly-designed Disc-Resonance Stabilizer, assure stable write and read operation with high accuracy. At the same time, they realize impressively quiet operation even during high-speed rotation owing to Pioneer’s proprietary technologies including honey-comb structure.
Pioneer’s new DVD drives support the recording and playback of recordable discs in seven DVD formats (DVD-R, Dual Layer DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD+R, DVD+R Double Layer, and DVD+RW) as well as CD-R and CD-RW discs. The new drives offering industry-leading write speeds realize the high speed recording of max. 8x*1 on single-sided double-layer DVD formats (Dual Layer DVD-R and DVD+R Double Layer).
The new drives will come bundled with an extensive collection of software applications for DVD/CD authoring, DVD slide show creation, and data backups. *1 The new writers can record at 8x write speed on Dual Layer DVD-R 4x-speed discs and DVD+R Double Layer 2.4x-speed discs, owing to Pioneer’s proprietary technologies.
Main features: Newly designed Disc-Resonance Stabilizer to further improve the accuracy in high-speed read and write
The Pioneer new drives’ Disc-Resonance Stabilizer - the projections arranged on the inner surface of the upper case - controls the airflow generated by disc rotation to minimize disc warp which can be caused by disc resonance during high-speed rotation. The new disc tray with airflow adjustment holes also helps suppress disc resonance. As a result of such structural improvements, the new drives provide users with higher accuracy and stability in read and write with quiet operation even in high-speed modes. Recording and Playback Compatibility in a wide range of media
The new drives can record and play recordable discs in a wide range of DVD formats (Dual Layer DVD-R, DVD+R Double Layer, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM*2), as well as CD-R and CD-RW discs. This helps PC users more easily and smoothly exchange data among them. *2 Only DVD-RAM Version 2.0 and 2.1 (non-cartridge type) supported. 8x high-speed recording to Dual Layer DVD-R and DVD+R Double Layer discs
The new drives write on Dual Layer DVD-R 4x and DVD+R Double Layer 2.4x discs at the maximum transfer rate of 8x*3, which helps users easily and smoothly record huge volumes of data, such as motion pictures and back-ups of hard disks, in a short time.
Pioneer has realized such high-speed, high-quality recording by applying its proprietary technologies including:
- Write-strategy setting to automatically set the write strategy for each of used discs by selecting from the optimum write-strategy data stored in the writers.
- Multi-Effect Liquid Crystal Tilt Compensator to improve the recording and playback characteristics by adding astigmatism correction to the existing tilt correction and spherical aberration correction. *3 Please use Pioneer-designated disc media.
16x high-speed recording to DVD-R and +R discs
Adopting the CAV recording system for 16x high-speed recording to DVD-R and +R discs, Pioneer’s writers have achieved a faster transfer rate than before. The new writers record at 32x*4 speed on CD-RW discs, 6x speed*4 on DVD-RW, and 40x*4 speed on CD-R discs, thus offering users a choice of media and transfer rates to enable them to select the most appropriate for their data size and application. In addition, the automatic write speed selecting function optimizes the write speed depending on discs' conditions, to keep the stability and reliability in high-speed recording. *4 Please use appropriate media relevant to each write speed.
a. Various original technologies to improve quality and reliability in recording, including:
- Ultra Dynamic Resonance Absorber
- Buffer Under-run Protection
- Precision Recording Technology
b. High-speed recording and low noise operation
- Pioneer's original honey comb structure and other improvements to the internal structure have drastically reduced operation noise during high speed rotation.
- Performance Adjusting Firmware automatically optimizes the disc's rotation speed depending on user's requirements and keeps operation noise at the minimum in write and read modes. ** All brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.