Eight channels and Dolby Digital Live Encoding! Catering to everyone seeking an affordable option for equipping computers with state-of-art Surround technology, TerraTec Electronic now offers Aureon 7.1 PCI. The fun kicks off with the latest games with 3D audio support and continues with DVD movies and a genuine movie theater-like vibe. The Nettetal-based multimedia provider is poised to ship Aureon 7.1 PCI to stores in October, where it will retail for 59.99 euros (99 Swiss francs).
Dolby Digital Live Encoding is a powerful feature enabling users to encode every audio signal - system sound, MP3 or the sound of a game - in real time in AC-3 (Dolby Digital) format and feed this signal to a Surround AV amp via the digital output.
Audio signals can be rendered in outstanding quality at up to 48-kHz via up to eight channels. Users can opt to address two, four, six or eight loudspeakers, ensuring total flexibility in configuring and adapting speaker setups to suit the given situation. One optical digital input/output each is on board to facilitate recordings of excellent quality and accommodate DVD, DAT and minidisk recorders with no signal loss. To treat users to a realistic gaming experience, Aureon 7.1 PCI supports prevailing audio standards ranging from EAX 2.0/1.0 and 3Dl2 to Direct Sound and Sensaura 3D.
- 16-bit/48-kHz signal processing; 24-bit/96-kHz at digital interfaces
- 4 analog stereo outputs
- 1 analog stereo input
- 1 digital stereo output (optical)
- 1 digital stereo input (optical)
- Headphones output (in combination with Line Out 1
- Microphone input
- Live Dolby Digital Encoding
- AC3 and DTS streams from one software DVD player can be patched out via the digital outputs, for example, to an external Dolby digital decoder.
- DirectSound support (3D)
- WDM drivers for Windows 98 SE, ME/2000 and Windows XP
More information can be found at www.terratec.com